Hints and TipsThis page is for Mathematics Instructors teaching Math 105 only. If you are a student, you're probably looking for the practice gateway page.
Gateway ResultsTo obtain access to student results for the gateway test,
- Select your course and section from the selector to the left
- Login through the University weblogin system (with your
uniqname and Kerberos login password) if you aren't already
authenticated through weblogin.
- Then click the gateway that you want to see results for. The
"PracticeEntrGW" is the practice gateway that students can
take from anywhere. The "ProctoredEntrGW" and
"InstrProctoredEntrGW" are the proctored tests that were
taken in the computer lab in B069 or in your office,
The Proctored tests are the only
test results that count towards passing the gateway.
- A student must get 9 or better on the gateway test to have passed it.
- Note that you can restrict the type of
information you view by selecting different Display Options and
"updating display" at the top of that page. In particular,
viewing only the best scores (which only shows the best score
for each student) is a good way of determinine which of your
students have passed.
- Click a different test name from the list at the bottom of the
left column to see results for that test.
- When you are finished, click the "Log out" link at the top
right of the page (or at the top of the left column on the
- Note that the test names "exponents", "frac_exponents", etc.,
should be ignored; these are the definitions for the different
categories on the actual gateway test, but have nothing to do
with the score reporting by student.
In-Office Proctored Tests
about the gateway system may be found on the practice gateway login page.