To take the gateway test in the proctored lab, you must be at the lab (East Hall B069) at least 20 minutes before it closes.
Gateway lab hours:
- Monday: 10am–noon
- Tuesday: 11am–1pm
- Thursday: noon–2pm
- plus additional hours as staffed by summer term instructors; consult with your instructor for information about these.
Hints and Tips:
- You login to the system through the University weblogin
system. Therefore, your username is your uniqname, and
your password the Kerberos password you use for your e-mail,
- Take the gateway for practice until you can
consistently pass it. You may practice the test as many times
per day as you like.
- After passing the practice test, go to the proctored
Gateway lab (B069 in East Hall) to take it for a grade.
- A passing score on the gateway is 9/10 or better.
- The time limit for the gateway is 20 min.
- Only proctored tests in the gateway lab (East Hall
B069) count for passing the gateway.
- You may take up to two proctored tests per day.
To take it a second time, you must go over a failing test with
- Books, notes, and other aids such as calculators are not
permitted on the gateway.
- Always work things out by hand, on paper,
before entering them in the test.